Here are the key details about Dr. Diana Walsh Pasulka’s background:
- Professor of philosophy and religion at the University of North Carolina Wilmington.
- Received a Ph.D. in religious studies from the University of Chicago.
- Researches topics like philosophy of technology, digital culture, and information studies.
- Published the book “American Cosmic: UFOs, Religion, Technology” in 2019.
- Book examines intersections of religion, technology, and belief using fieldwork and interviews with scientists, engineers, and experiencers in UFO and paranormal communities.
- Argues that belief in UFOs and paranormal phenomena fills spiritual voids left by institutional religion.
- Studies how pursuit of advanced technology intersects with spiritual longings and aspirations.
- Provides a sympathetic yet critical perspective on fringe tech fields and those drawn to them.
- Frequently interviewed on podcasts, radio shows, and documentaries to discuss her UFO research.
- Seen as a leading scholarly voice bridging theology, philosophy and the cultural study of unconventional beliefs and marginalized communities.
In summary, Dr. Diana Walsh Pasulka is a university professor and researcher who studies religion, philosophy, and technology through the lens of fringe beliefs like UFOs to examine their deeper cultural meaning.