Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, whose full name is Dwayne Douglas Johnson, is a highly successful American actor, producer, businessman, retired professional wrestler, and former professional football player. Here’s some information about him:
- Full Name: Dwayne Douglas Johnson
- Nickname: The Rock
- Birthdate: May 2, 1972
- Birthplace: Hayward, California, USA
- Professional Wrestling: Dwayne Johnson gained fame as a professional wrestler in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE) during the late 1990s and early 2000s. He achieved widespread popularity for his charismatic persona as “The Rock” and became one of the most iconic figures in professional wrestling history.
- Acting Career: Johnson transitioned to acting and has become one of the highest-grossing and highest-paid actors in Hollywood. His filmography includes blockbuster movies such as “The Scorpion King,” “The Fast and the Furious” series, “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle,” and “Moana,” among many others.
- Television: Johnson has also appeared in television shows, including his early role in “WWF/WWE Raw” and his hosting of “Saturday Night Live” multiple times.
- Business Ventures: In addition to his entertainment career, Johnson has been involved in various business ventures. He has his own production company, Seven Bucks Productions, and has endorsed numerous brands. He also co-founded Teremana Tequila.
- Author: Johnson authored an autobiography titled “The Rock Says…” and released the motivational and lifestyle book “The Rock: Through the Lens: His Life, His Movies, His World” in collaboration with photographer Hiram Garcia.
- Philanthropy: Johnson is involved in philanthropic activities and has supported various charitable causes.
- Retired Professional Football Player: Before entering professional wrestling, Johnson played college football at the University of Miami and later had a brief career in the Canadian Football League (CFL).
Dwayne Johnson is known for his work ethic, charisma, and versatility, successfully transitioning from a professional wrestling career to become one of the most recognizable and bankable stars in the entertainment industry.